Thursday, June 4, 2009

Random information

I came across some interesting posts from the US Department of Health and Human Services, and the CDC this past week and wanted to share some links:

- Breastfeeding benefits babies AND moms, but you already knew that. What you may not have known is that it can help reduce the risk of heart disease, a heart attack, or stroke by 10% in postmenopausal women. Learn more at hhs.gov.

- From the CDC are tips for parents on how to protect your kids from skin cancer and playing it safe in the sun.

- Don't forget about protecting yourself, too. My diuretic makes me more prone to sunburns, so I am taking this seriously.

- Going nuts trying to fill up the summer schedule? Don't forget water safety, whether your kids are heading to the pool or to the beach!

- Tick tick tick tick...prevention.

Please let me know if there are other links to share.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment